Wednesday, July 25, 2007

"Shut de door..."

Talk about a trip down "Memory Lane"! Last week at our retreat, Keith sang with Acappella and they sang all the old songs from their original concerts and tapes. Wow! I had so many pictures flash through my head as they sang each song. Pictures of our adult children when they were tiny kids, pictures of being on trips and listening to those songs, and even a picture of going to their concert in the Washington, D.C. area about - what? - twenty plus years ago? It was a neat blessing and a unique experience to hear those old - and at the time exciting and radical -songs. A big thanks to Keith and the guys for doing it for all us "old folks" who walked around singing those songs back then. By the way, the group is awesome. I think they are as good of singers as they have ever had, and they really seem to be quality Christian young men. I pray that God will bless their ministry. I hope you get a chance to hear them.
Lord willing I'll post my Top Ten on Friday. Ten passages of scripture that I have taught incorrectly in the past. Actually, I'm glad it's only a Top Ten. I'm afraid of how big the list COULD be.

2 comments:

holly said...

I can remember Acapella (and Christian music in general) causing controversy at my church growing up. And we were the "liberal" church in town!

Deborah said...

Dad, you helped me remember some great memories of our roadtrips. And it made me think about how Jonathan would try to sing as low as Rodney Britt on "While the Ages Roll On".