Wednesday, July 11, 2007

One Hundred Blogs

According to my blog account, this is blog 100 for me. Wow! It hasn't even been a year and I've hit the century mark. It's amazing how quickly time flies - or maybe I just write a lot more than I thought. One hundred - what strange thoughts and images it brings to mind. Jesus used it to talk about how important the one was, at least for the moment, over the ninety and nine. I like one hundred when it's connected to Benjamin Franklin and printed by the US Mint. I'm not sure about one hundred when it comes to birthdays. I'm coming up on fifty-six and can't imagine being around another forty-four years, but hey, if it's what God wants, who am I to resist. I've never really thought much about the old "growing old gracefully" saying, but isn't that what every Christian does, regardless of their age? Still, aging in Christ is a very beautiful thing. Today I have spent time in prayer over two very special brothers who are both the epitome of graceful aging - and by that I mean growing in the grace of God and it shows! In Searcy, my father-in-law, Dean Curtis is suffering with some serious intestinal problems and facing chemo treatment for cancer. In St. Louis, a brother, friend, and shepherd is in the hospital with his own intestinal problems, and also recovering from cancer treatment. Lowell Beauchamp and Dean, are close to the same age and have both served the Lord as shepherds for most of their life. I don't know if God wants them to see their one hundredth birthday, but I do know that they are godly men with wonderful families, and are both men of character, integrity, and grace. So maybe it's fitting that my one hundredth blog make a special request of any who read this to lift these two brothers up in your prayers. I feel confident that one hundred prayers will do a lot more good than my one hundred blogs.

Father, please heal these two brothers. Comfort their loved ones, and place these two warriors back in the battle. Thank you for letting them be examples for me, and thank you for answering this request. Thank you Jesus and Holy Spirit for helping. Amen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We will add them to our prayers.