Monday, July 23, 2007

Monday Ramblings

It's Monday morning after being gone most of last week on a retreat and spending the weekend trying to catch-up, get-up, and speak-up, so it's nice to relax and vegetate awhile. Donna just left for another trip to Searcy to see her Dad, who just had his first chemo treatment this past Friday. I really wish I could be going down there with her, but I'm way behind in things to do and she's carrying enough guilt for us both about not being here to get her Children's ministry stuff done. It's tough being responsible. I literally had to talk her into going - that it was the right thing to do, and I feel confident the folks here will completely support her. I'm sure it won't be the last trip. So, I'm praying for her safe return as I also pray for our Father to heal her father.
Just a couple of random ramblings. First, no - I haven't read the latest Harry book, but I plan to see his latest movie today - if I can. I did, however, finish Dean Koontz's latest book, The Good Guy, and really enjoyed it. He's really mellowed out since his earlier books and does a wonderful job of making you love the "good"guys in this story. Intriguing start. Guy in a bar is mistaken by someone as a "hit man" and has an envelope of money handed to him and minutes later the real killer comes in and mistakes him as the "pay-off" man. In between the two strangers, he's "taken" with the picture in the money envelope of the girl to be murdered. He can't go to the cops, because it appears that the killer is one. What would you do? An interesting and thought provoking read.
Second ramble - I got to thinking about being a false teacher last week. Oh - not that I want to be - but, because of spiritual growth, I realized I've taught things in the past that I don't believe now. In fact, they were wrong things to teach. I guess I was a baby false teacher (?). Anyway, Lord willing, my next TOP TEN is going to be ten scriptures that I taught incorrectly in the past. Ouch! I wonder how many I'm teaching wrong now. Thank you God for grace!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew you would like The Good Guy!!! Ozela

Anonymous said...

Hey Bro, Can't hardly wait to see your next Top Ten. Aren't you glad we don't stay stagnant and crust over like algae on a pond! Curt