Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Self-esteem By God


Be careful where you put the emphasis when you read that title. I've been saying for years that the only place we can get balanced self-esteem is from God. Mankind is to inconsistent even in the best of relationships for us to get our self worth from them. Ego, selfishness, jealousy, and some other ugly personality traits that many have are a recipe for crushing others feelings about themselves. Grace - wonderful, beautiful, godly balanced grace - is the only thing that can place our self judgment exactly were it must be. We are worthless sinners, deserving of Hell - but, at the same time, because of God's love and the price He was willing to pay for us - we are the most valuable part of all His creation! How incredible is that? I've been searching for a simple way to say that for a long time now. I guess the Spirit finally stepped in and helped me out last Sunday as I finally figured it out. Here it is - what we are, balanced between the nothingness of sin and the treasure of the only Son of God - WE ARE WORTHLESS VIPs! Doesn't that say it all? It gives the ugly picture of worthlessness, but by God's grace we are truly VIPs with nothing to brag about - only a story to share. I'm seriously considering getting a T-shirt made that says A Worthless VIP so people will ask me what that means. Create curiosity! "Boy, I'm I glad you asked!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Simple ... Broad ... Direct ... hits home.

Deborah said...

I want one of those tee-shirts. Now that you've discovered your talent for design (thanks to L.O.P), it should look pretty cool!

Elizabeth said...

I want a t-shirt, too!