Friday, August 24, 2007

Top Ten Reasons To Go Hunting


Two weeks from today, Lord willing, my hunting buddies and I will be on the road to Colorado for our annual ("once in a life-time") bowhunting trip. It was twenty-one years ago that we did this for the first time. Wow - I must have been about ten at the time! Anyway, I have often said that I have done my best communing with God while hunting the mountains or sitting a tree stand. I love the outdoors, the challenge of bowhunting, but most of all the fellowship of a shared experience. So with that in mind, I offer my Top Ten Reasons To Go Hunting. And these are, somewhat, in ascending order (with one being the top - haven't you watched Letterman?).
10. I heard there was going to be weather!
9. Can't dance! (And don't watch shows that do!)
8. Can't "stay" and hunt!
7. My bow is lonely?
6. I woke up this morning and dawn suddenly dawned on me!
5. There are no politicians in the woods! (Just up the creek!)
4. It's safer than being on the road with all the young female stars being released from prison for DUI.
3. The planets are in perfect alignment - DUH!
2. John Wayne would!
1. I'm breathing!

3 comments:

Deborah said...

Why does #1 not surprise me? I know you're counting down the days. Can you talk mom into visiting her daughters (minus the one in NY) while you're gone?

Anonymous said...

Hey, Deborah, I would come there, but am planning a trip to Searcy instead. Mom

Anonymous said...

AMEN, BRO, AMEM!!!!
Let's get it on!!!!!
Bulls will drop in 1 1/2 weeks!!
For 21 years, its been the highlight of my year. May this year be the best....let's initiate Danny to to LO-7 in style!
Have a safe trip and I'll see ya at the bunkhouse in about a week!
Kev