Saturday, August 04, 2007

Parting Shots




We had a visit from Denny Crane again the other day. I love watching him hunt for fish. He is one of the most patient hunters I've ever seen. I especially liked this view of the double Denny.





I've known that deer came to our pond regularly, but it's usually at night. I see tracks on the other side all the time. We were home for lunch this week on a really hot day, and I just happened to glance out the back and see this doe with her twins getting a quick drink. This was at high noon! The dots on the fawns mean they've only been in this world since probably May or early June.


It will be a week before I do a new blog. Tomorrow we leave for a family vacation and will be with ALL our kids and grand kids for the first time since last November. Mostly we haven't seen Jonathan and Holly since then. I believe that's the longest we've ever gone without seeing a member of our family. So, needless to say we will be enjoying some great family time and I will be away from this computer. I'll leave you with a picture of Donna's latest cake creation that she did today for a groom's cake. Have I mentioned lately how incredible she is? It's red velvet underneath the camo. Yummmm! I could wear that!


3 comments:

Deborah said...

Dad, you are such a great photographer!!! I thought surely those were pictures from a computer's "sample pictures" folder. What a blessing to see God beauty when you least expect it.

Mom--cool cake!!

See you tomorrow.

Melanie said...

The cake tasted better than it looks!

Wezie said...

I thought Denny Crane used a gun for fishing.