Friday, August 17, 2007

Top Ten Non-Sermons

Just for fun last night, I jotted down a new Top Ten list. These are all somewhat off the top of my head things and I'm sure I'd do much better if I gave it more thought. Nevertheless, again - just for fun, here is my Top Ten for this week. The Top Ten Sermons That Should Never Be Preached (thankfully it's not ten that shouldn't have been preached!).
1. Why Your Preacher Is worth His Salary! (Scripture optional)
2. Lessons Learned from Onan (See Gen. 38 if you dare)
3. What's Wrong With Our Elders? (Good career change lesson)
4. Why Did God Decide on Circumcision? (Tons of scripture, by the way)
5. Judah & Tamar: The Art of Relationship Building (See Gen.38 again)
6. Not's In the Devils Tale! (An unfortunate classic from Gen.3)
7. Acappella People Waiting For That Last Trumpet! (I love irony)
8. Give Me That Old Time Temple Worship! (Our deniable reality)
9. Forsake Not The Assembly - Love Optional! (Our deniable reality)
10. What The Holy Spirit Told Me Last Night? (Sermonus Interruptus - fast)

This may need a Part 2 - so any suggestions?

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Why fat people should never trust a lefty (Judges 3:12-23)