Monday, February 11, 2008

Three "G's"

A friend sent us this picture and I thought I'd share it since it's about two of our family's favorite animals. Today it's in the low teens outside, so this picture reminds me of how thankful I am to have a house and to be inside of it looking out rather than the other way around.
I've been reading an interesting book by Bill Hybels about sharing our faith, titled Just Walk Across the Room. I really like his emphasis on being sensitive to the Spirit's directions in our life. In one story that he shared, he talked about a couple who were far from God and who needed to start thinking about more positive and spiritual things before they would be ready to change their lives. He asked them to think about "grace and power" for a couple weeks, and just say those two words over and over. I really like the fact that he was preparing soil not trying to harvest a crop. But it also made me think about what words I'd challenge someome to dwell on.
What would you say are the two or three most powerful words you could share with someone? I immediately thought of three words that "say it all" for me, and, while "Jesus" is always first, for memory purposes I like alliteration. So my pick is God, grace, and gratitude. They sum up the who, what, and why of my spiritual journey. What would you use?

No comments: