Friday, May 25, 2007

A Wrinkle-Free Top Ten


"What kind of people read a blog like this?"

Well, it's been two and a half hours since my first botox injection into my throat. All things considered, it wasn't that bad and I can tell a difference. Doc says it will take seven or more days before it starts to get normal. Hey -I have had years of "not normal" so seven days is a piece of cake. It is comforting knowing all the wrinkles are out of my throat. And since I can't do a lot of talking, I thought "Why not blog something radical!" So - here's this weeks Top Ten. The idea comes from my oldest daughters favorite husband. (See comments on last blog.)


You know you're a liberal if the Holy Spirit...


1. ...doesn't scare you to death!


2. ...opened up a passage of the Bible to you, and you weren't even holding on to one!


3. ...cleaned up a prayer for you that came out of you sounding like a groan.


4. ...helped you accept grace even though you didn't "feel" saved!


5. ...caused you to smile through your pain as you wondered what good things God was going to do through your suffering.


6. ...uses music to open hearts - all else is immaterial.


7. ...is one of your favorite gifts from God.


8. ...is an active, living personality that completes the Trinity, who all dwell in you.


9. ...helps carry out the providential work of God.


10. ...is as real as angels!

2 comments:

Deborah said...

This is good, Dad. I'm glad God is blessing us through your "voice", even if you don't have one just yet.

We're enjoying Mom, but we wish you were here with us too. We'll be having homemade ice cream and chocolate lava cake on Sunday night...

Anonymous said...

It's truly taken me awhile to "get to know" the Holy Spirit. I'm so thankful He's known me all along.