Monday, April 28, 2008


This is a picture someone sent to me a while back that was titles "McDonald's Hits Africa". For some reason, after my visit to my doctor last Thursday, this picture spoke to me. Maybe it was the extra five pounds I've gained or the doubling of my PB medicine, but needless to say, we start on Phase One of The South Beach Diet again today. In truth, I sort of feel like that giraffe looks.
I tried to do a blog on Friday, before I left to go to Dallas to be with the leader of the Saturn Road church and speak for their retreat. I couldn't get the blog to post a picture, so I had to postpone it until today. I had a wonderful time visiting with the elders and staff of this wonderful church family. I was so impressed with their passion to grow, learn, and just do whatever God wants them to do. I dumped a lot of my Be Real material on them, with an emphasis on being real about being Jesus to those we are shepherding, and I think they truly enjoyed and appreciated the challenges I shared. Good men. I was blessed with be with these godly men again - for the third time - and I thanked them again for loving Pat and Deborah so much while they were working with them back a few years ago. The ones who were there with Pat and Deborah, clear still love and miss them very much. So what can I say, they must be really wise leaders!
One last random thought, I've determined that too many people live in fear. I have been shocked for some time now over the number of emails, forwards, comments, and media reports that everyone seems to thrive on having something to fear. I don't even want to give an example because someone will "fear" that I don't appreciate "a danger" or a "potential doom" or such. Read Matthew 6 again. Jesus didn't call us to paranoia but to peace. Peace that our Father is in charge and He STILL is the ONLY ONE we need to fear. Fear robs us of peace, fills us with negativity, and feeds our selfishness. Love God, love today, and live for now. I am committed to being thankful for the only day I still have a choice and can truly make a difference in - today. There's too much to do in glorifying God today to allow an ounce of fear about tomorrow creep in today.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, that was a doubling of his BP meds (blood pressure). He's feeling a little dislexic this morning! :)

Anonymous said...

I don't know if it's my dislexic leanings or a typical Monday morning - either way - the new meds worked 128 over 62! PTL (did I get it right?)

Elizabeth said...

I was laughing at the thought that you took peanut butter medicine. :)

So funny that you blogged about fear because I have been CONSUMED thinking about the role of fear in my life recently. I just haven't realized how much I allow fear to be a driving force behind the decisions I make. My most common fearful thought: "What will they think of me?!" Sad, but true.

Elizabeth said...

Oh, by the way, the doubling of the blood pressure med...not so good. Can I request mom's genes?