Thursday, March 06, 2008

Maybe The Last Snow This Year?

I thought you might enjoy seeing what a 12 inch snow looks like. I know, all you folks who live farther north are saying, "12 inches? That's nothing!" But for those of us who live in a part of the country where ALL four seasons are equally represented - it's a huge storm! It made the top five largest snow storms in St. Louis in March - and that was taking measurements at the airport where it was only 10 inches. We've seen bigger storms, especially in Northern Virginia.
Maybe the most amazing part of the whole experience was that it all fell between 9 A.M. and 3 P.M. Talk about a sudden dumping of snow! This is a foot of snow on one of our trash cans.


So, I was out scooping it up by four in the afternoon. Amazingly, just twenty-four hours later it was 46 degrees and the driveway and streets were clear and dry. I could have avoided the sore back I got from all the manual labor.

Another picture of our pond out back the morning after the storm and before the quick melt-down started. Just beyond the trees, in the next field, the fog was incredibly dense and the sun was shining through it. Wow! I love this spot. Now, if all our friends and family would just move to Florissant...



3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

So pretty! Carter just said over and over, "Aw, man! I wish we could go there!" That would be fun.

Anonymous said...

What a pretty picture of your pond!

Scott Bayles said...

Have I mentioned that I LOVE the view of your back yard. It must be so nice to wake up and see that every morning!