Saturday, January 26, 2008

Top Ten Winter Things

It has been awhile since I thought of a new Top Ten list. But yesterday, while enjoying a Chicken Strip Basket at the DQ - w/ extra gravy, I looked out of the window at the cold weather and jotted down the Top Ten Things I Like About Winter. I'm glad I didn't have to come up with a Top Twenty.
1. I don't have to mow the grass.
2. We get to use the fireplace.
3. Sweatshirts become a primary clothing item.
4. You need MORE calories to fight off the cold - at least that's my story.
5. Hot Chili, hot soup, and hot chocolate.
6. Christmas!
7. Snow warnings. Getting excited about snow requires a lot less shoveling.
8. Extra blankets on the bed!
9. With the holidays behind us, there is a nice long stretch for the church family to just be together and focus on "one another" with few distractions that compete for every one's time and attention - not counting the occasional snow or ice storm that keeps everyone at home on Sunday.
10. Each day is one day closer to Spring Turkey Season.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

More calories, huh? Hence the "extra gravy" with the chicken strip basket?