Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Mini Mansion



Don't you just hate it when you see a picture of something that makes you feel guilty. Maybe it's a starving child in Africa, and you've just complained about your steak not being cooked just the way you like it, or maybe it's flood victims receiving handout clothes because they lost all their clothes - and you've got a closet full of "I've got nothing to wear." Well, that's how I felt about this picture a friend sent us of the smallest house in Toronto. It's actually cute and nicely appointed inside, but I've been grieving over how to get my basement finished since I started it almost a year ago. I've been trying to figure out an inexpensive way to get a licensed and bonded electrician to sign my permit without having to pay much for it - and it hasn't worked. We have one coming to finally do the electrical this Friday, but it aint gonna be cheap. It will however, give us more additional square footage than that little house in Toronto has and the TWO of us really need MORE elbow room in this nice big house of ours. I know, I'm really doing it for the visitors we have over- mostly room for the grand kids to play in, and it's a good way to increase the value of our house, but still- I have to remind myself that it's not that big a deal. I have a house in heaven not made with hands - I assume that means w/o an electrician too - and probably with no need for a basement. So, I'm still doing it, I've just decided that it's not worth getting uptight about. I've never even had a basement before, so I know I can live without it. I've also never lived in a house as small as that one in Toronto. How big does this "earthly tent" really need to be?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess your the size of our earthly tent only becomes important when we have to hord/store our STUFF. Of course hord/store DOES NOT apply to any Disney collectible....right Donna?

Love to both of you.

Anonymous said...

Amen, Kathy!