Friday, June 08, 2007

Top Ten Surprises At Judgement

I don't know if I'm TOO comfortable where I am or if I lack imagination, but my Top Ten list of places I want to see before heaven has only two places on it so far, and they're both hunting opportunities. I usually keep a couple Top Ten lists going in my journal, and since I have a couple minutes between the three thousand things going on in my life right now, let me share a new Top Ten list.
This comes from that old church joke about people lined up at the Pearly Gate and a cheer comes down the line; "They're not counting Wednesday nights!" I always loved that one. So, I wondered.....what else might not be counted.
Top Ten Surprises at Judgement:
1. Gopher Wood was a "generic" word for any hardwood (check your c of c theology)
2. Being "The Lord's church" has nothing to do with the name on the sign out front!
3. Cain married his younger sister! (And yes, Adam had a belly button!)
4. There was nothing prophetic about Revelation!
5. Mark 16:8-16 was added later but is not necessary to prove baptism.
6. Communion was always intended to be part of a fellowship meal on any day!
7. Growing in love was the only real reason God wanted His people to assemble.
8. Every person in heaven got there by grace! So who will be surprised to see you?
9. Seeking God with a pure heart is more important than doctrinal correctness.
10. God has a sense of humor - Heaven will have closing announcements after all and Just As I Am really does have fifteen verses.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really do enjoy your Top 10 lists. Besides being so funny, they really do make you think about truth vs tradition! Hey, what an idea Tuth vs Tradition.