Monday, June 11, 2007

Four Nights of Sharing


The whole cast and crew of "Lord of the Parables." God blesses us with excellent crowds each night and each night everyone did an tremendous job with the play. We had somewhere around 1800 total in attendance and have registration cards from over 350, who signed up to receive a free DVD of the play. I am very proud of everyone who performed or helped in any way. I am especially proud of the high level of dedication to the mission of Bible Action everyone had and the total focus everyone had on glorifying God. We are all tried, but satisfied that we "had fun, did our best, and glorified God." What a neat thrill it is for me to see what started in my head last fall, show up on stage exactly like I imagined it. God is good.


The Jews singing the famous "When you're a Jew you're a Jew all the way, from that first little snip, to your last Oy Vey!" One of my favorite lines.

This is the "Sams" doing the Samaritan song to the tune of "America" in Westside Story.




Unity at last - both groups sing "One Hand One Heart" the old fashion way - no instruments!


The bridegroom, with back up flock, sings, "Who Put The Bop"


The Foolish Maidens sing "Aint No Mountain High Enough" - Supreme's style.




The Wise Maidens sing about the Bugle Boy From Company B - played for Abraham of course.


5 comments:

Richard said...

Sorry I missed the "real" play since I was working. I thought the dress rehearsal was excellent and from what I heard it was even better on the four scheduled nights. Great job!! We love your family.

Anonymous said...

I am so impressed with your creativity, Mike! I really wanted to be there, but I guess I'll have to wait for the movie!

Anonymous said...

Every bit of it looks like it was such fun. Wow, so much hard work too. Very creative Mike. Great job! I, too, will have to wait for the movie.

Deborah said...

My boys' favorite part of the whole play was the priest and Levite. They won't stop saying, "OOOHH, that's GOTTA hurt! I've got blood to sprinkle, incense to burn...I'm swamped!" and singing, "God is so good" and "Each day I'll do a golden deed..."--I laugh every time they start quoting the lines!

Oh yeah, and I forgot about Joshua saying of the pink pig, "Man, she is an awesome snorter. I wish I could do that!" We all have things we aspire to...

Anonymous said...

This one looks so great.............why am I not surprised?? We can hardly wait to see the movie since we couldn't get there to see it in person. What a wonderful turnout for the performances. We are so very proud of you and Donna.