Tuesday, July 03, 2012

"INCONCEIVABLE!"


Don't you hate it when you say the wrong thing, but you totally thought you were saying the right thing?  I used Wesley, from our family's favorite movie The Princess Bride, to illustrate one of the few ways that bringing someone back to life is not portrayed in movies as something weird or Zombie-like.  I love the scene with Miracle Max and all the wonderful quotable lines that are in it.  Yet, in the midst of telling the story, I called him "Mad Max."  I didn't even realize that I did it.  I'm sure it sent all those dedicated cult members of the I-Love-The-Princess-Bride-Club into a momentary shock.  Dropping visions of Mel Gibson into the heart of this classic story is traumatic on any level.  It was a slip of the tongue - a mental glitch - an I Knew That moment.  I think I've had a couple of those over the last nearly 40 years of preaching.  Oh well, "Have fun storming the castle!"
Okay smartie, without using your iPhone or iPad to cheat, what was the name of Miracle Max's wife?

No comments: