Saturday, November 08, 2008

Happy Genes



With Donna down visiting her folks, after finding out that her Dad's cancer has returned, this picture made me think about her. I miss seeing her at this computer playing her favorite game - Solitaire. I know that they are glad to have her there for a few days, but that is one of the things that makes Donna so special. Everyone likes to have her around. I've known a lot of people in my fifty-seven years, but I know no one who is as genuinely positive and chronically happy as Donna Sue Root. A big part of that comes from her genes. So, while I pray for her to have a safe trip and to return soon, I continue to pray for her parents. I couldn't have had better in-laws if I'd picked them out of a catalogue. They are dearly loved by children, grand children, and great grand children, and all of us who came into the family after a marriage ceremony. I've been blessed so much to be part of the Curtis family for nearly thirty-six years now - and God "aint done yet"!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwe! That is so sweet. Thank you. Miss you too.

Anonymous said...

Some people are like a breath of fresh air. Donna is more like a "happiness tornado." I LOVED having her here! Thanks for sharing!

Elizabeth said...

"happiness tornado"...VERY FUNNY! Thanks for sharing her with us, too.

Anonymous said...

We have been lucky to have been blessed by the "happines tornado". Thanks to all the Roots and Curtis' for sharing Donna with us. We continue to pray for Donna's father.We love you Donna! Love, The Haught & Price Families.