Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A Sick Blog

I have so rarely been sick in my life that I almost feel guilty about even writing about it. I'm just recovering from some kind of bug that had my body competing against itself to see which part could expel the most. Not a nice mental picture - I know, but then it wasn't nice to experience it first hand. I am so thankful for the great health God has given me for sixty years. Yes, today I just had another botox shot for my spasmodic dysphonia, and yes, my stomach is gurgling a little with the Arby's Roast Beef Sub I had for lunch, my knee aches, but hey, you can't be around this many years and not have something fall apart.
Here are some random, and not-so-profound, thoughts I've had about being sick over the weekend. (Not for the faint of heart!)

* It feels good to feel good. Duh - but Donna says that after every headache, and it's true.
* I wonder how much of "being hungry" is all mental. My stomach was totally empty, yet every commercial about food on TV made me gag. Usually I want it - even if I'm not hungry.
* You don't appreciate really clean commodes until you see them up close and personal.
* Toilet paper can't be TOO soft when you are using it every fifteen minutes.
* Chicken Noodle Soup - I've decided it must have been Manna.
* A stomach virus doesn't need a medical name. Yuck works just fine.
* Classy is leaving the church office, jumping in the car to get home quickly, and just as I pulled onto the main street I had to pull over in front of the church building - throw open the door and projectile vomit in view of every car on New Halls Ferry Road. At least it wasn't the church van. (And... I didn't quite get the car door open in time.)
* While it may be a fact of life that you know you're getting old when you spend more time talking about a good BM rather than a good GM, it's also a fact that you're a true lover of puns when you can talk about going to the bathroom and refer to the results as, "Man that's solid!"
* The up side of my "yuck" is that I've lost the weight I gained over the holidays, and I've got three weeks to get my appetite completely back before we leave on our two week Caribbean cruise vacation. Boy, wouldn't that be a terrible time to have a stomach virus. I don't EVEN want to go there with a mental picture.

No comments: