Saturday, November 06, 2010

A Sad Hunting Story

Talk about making a bad choice, I had planned to take off part of the day yesterday to go hunting. We had a full schedule of events on Saturday, so I wanted to get in another hunt this week. I couldn't decide whether to make it a morning or an evening hunt. When I woke up at 4:30 AM, I thought about it for a few seconds and decided that an evening hunt would be better. It really wasn't a sleep issue but more a "I need to do a couple of things at the office" line of thought. When I got to my stand yesterday afternoon, at about 3:00 PM, I checked my trail camera to decide if I was going to hunt there or move my stand to a new location. Ugh! The picture below was taken by my camera at 9:34 AM. It's not the best picture in the world, but the camera is only five yards to the left of my stand. This huge IL buck is walking right down the trail at fifteen yards. He's at least a huge ten point, big bodied buck on the prowl for does. How do I know? You'd never see this big boy out at nine-thirty in the morning if he wasn't looking for love. Oh well, at least I know he's there. He was one of five different bucks on my camera, all passing by between 8:30 and 12:30. And where was I??????

No comments: