Thursday, March 08, 2007

A View of last Sunday







Our resident photographer is, at my request, experimenting with taking some pictures during our assembly time on Sunday morning. He's an awesome photographer, but he's trying to use no flash and a super zoom lens and hasn't quite figured out the best way to do it. I just thought you might enjoy seeing some action pictures of me preaching last Sunday, and my poor wife trying to interpret it in sign language. I'm sure she straightens out a lot of my stuff. Not many preachers (esp. C of C) get to share the podium with their wife. She is silent! Now if we could just figure out what "in the church" means when it's a 24/7 proposition....I digress (to which many say "What's new about that?") And just for the record, I'm not in all black because I want to be like Randy Harris - or Johnny Cash for that matter.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I like you in all black...its very cool! I like the picture of Mom interpreting. If only you could see all the funny faces she makes as she tries to interpret some of the things you say....quite humorous!

holly said...

You're right, Elizabeth, I love seeing Donna's wheels turning while she translates... And Mike, your all-black ensemble (imagine the snooty pronunciation) is tres chic and mod!

Kim Hodges said...

I love that you get to co-lead ... sort of. :) John and I would like to lead worship together someday ...