Friday, October 19, 2007
Top Ten October Things
It's been a long time since I did a Top Ten List, and with nothing else rising to the top, it seemed logical to do it on the Top Ten Things I Like About October!
1. It's not August!
2. You gotta love the cooler temps!
3. Just to show I'm not obsessed with it, I'll put Bowhunting season here in the middle, but in truth - it's 1 through 10!
4. In October my wife becomes just one year younger than me rather than two years!
5. Fall colors, and I mean all of them. In Texas the seasons went from Summer to short Winter, then back to Summer again, and the few trees with leave instead of thorns turned yellow for two days before dropping.
6. Columbus Day! Which really means nothing, but I can't say Halloween because certain folks in Nashville will label be "Witch Lover"! (That's a joke Nashville!)
7. Cranking up the fireplace for the first time after Summer. I just wish I knew why I can't get the pilot light lit on my gas logs.
8. The beginning of rut starts in late October. That's bucks in rut not me, though...better not got there.
9. I love the electricity that is in the air as people start thinking and planning for family time at Thanksgiving and Christmas.
10. Did I mention that turkeys are in season for archery hunting now?