Saturday, July 03, 2010

Cardinal's Game

We decided Thursday that it was past due time for us to take in a Cardinals game. We've only been to one since they opened the new stadium. One big incentive was having a nice cool evening ahead. So I got us some good seats just past the first base line. Donna took these pictures, and we both agree that we need to do it again.
During pre-game warm ups, several of the Cards were fairly close to us on the field. Here's "The Man" doing some short jogs out on the grass.
This, of course, is the real star of the game. Fred Bird did a little entertaining just in front of our seats. We were on the seventh row.


This is a great picture Donna took just as Albert hit his home run, the only real highlight for the Cards all night. Unfortunately, they lost.
Here is Albert just after crossing the home plate after his HR. Fun night! Come and visit us and we'll go see a game together.



4 comments:

Deborah said...

What great pictures!!

Pat and I were watching a bit of the Rangers game on TV tonight, and it reminded me that you all went to see the Cards play a couple nights ago. So glad you had a great time!

I love the picture of the two of you in the stands. Mom looks way cute in the STL hat.

Elizabeth said...

We love these pictures! And, Mom sure got a great one of Albert hitting his home run...how cool! I'm glad you guys had a good time.

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwww, and I missed it :=((
These are great pictures.

Donna said...

I'm assuming that anonymous post is you, Mother! See - I told you to come home with me. :)