Saturday, July 24, 2010

Bathroom Report

Okay, this may just be for family, but I wanted to show off our latest DIY project at the Root house. This is the first time we've owned an older house, so we've been needing to update a lot of things, especially the bathrooms and kitchen. We started on the downstairs bathroom, but had new toilets put in all three bathrooms. Hey, it's the little things in life that mean the most! The picture below is the "BEFORE" sort of, after some demo. Man it's nice to get that old light & man-made fixture out. Here is the "AFTER". The biggest part of the project, not counting the Lowe's plumber putting in the toilet and new vanity top, was moving the electrical wire from the far left of the wall to a new box were the new light fixture would go. Lot's of wall board removal and fixing, and sanding and sanding, and I still missed some spots that I couldn't see until I got the new light up, but by then I'd done all the painting. Still, I'm happy with it.
I threw this picture in so you could see the new light fixture better.
Just a little FYI about our DIY. Please no LOL.




4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I LOVE IT!! It looks so great! And, you forgot to mention that the artwork is a result of your fabulous photography skills. I can't wait to see it in person! I'm sure mom's painted basket looks great in there, too.

Glenave Curtis said...

That is so bright and beautiful.

Donna said...

We didn't get a picture of the black basket or the words painted on the side wall. The words are those peel and stick phrases -- it says "laughter ... sparkles like a splash of water in sunlight." And the pictures (one of a cardinal on a bush covered in ice and the other is our U.S. flag waving behind some red/red-orange leaves) turned out really nice.

Deborah said...

WOW! You all should be on HGTV!

Dad, I was CRACKING UP at your text-lingo!