Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Ice and Nice



It was wonderful to have Elizabeth and Deborah with us for a couple days last week. They both managed to arrange for Dad's and Grannies to take care of their kids and come to St. Louis to do some serious scrapping with their mother. While I forced myself to not participate in said activity, I did join in when it came time to dine either in or out. It was really nice to spend some time visiting and not have the love-child distractions. Of course, we would love to have seen those precious grand children too, but like I always say, it doesn't matter how old they are, our kids are our kids, and it was great to share some special time with them. A huge "BRAVO" to Chad and Pat for making it possible! That was some serious marital investing!

While they were with us, we got hit by the ice storm that has been in the news for the last several days. A lot of our church family lost electricity, but fortunately we never lost ours. And, thank the Lord, the girls were able to drive home without any problems. As bad as it was, the ice on everything was quite beautiful at times. I took the picture of the cardinal from our back window. It's sitting in our backyard cherry tree. What an artist our God is!

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

What an awesome picture of that cardinal! That's frameable!

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures, Uncle Mike! I agree with Elizabeth--you should frame the one of the cardinal. :) I'm glad you got some time with your girls--I know I always enjoy any time I get with my dad!

Phyllis said...

The picture of the cardinal is great, but I love the one of the "Root Girls"! It looks and sounds as if a fun time was had by all (at least all the ones in St. Louis!).

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recap of the weekend. It was such a fun time. That was just what I needed to reenergize myself! Love you.