Saturday, October 02, 2010

No Elk, But Lots of Coffee

This is for family and anyone who visits the Root house in the future.
It may not look like it, but this is an elk processing, or at least the cost of an elk processing. Since I didn't get an elk in Colorado last week, I decided to use the money I'd set aside to pay for the processing to purchase a Keurig Gourmet Coffee Maker. This is the Platinum version with a sixty once water reservoir. I really enjoyed seeing and using Pat and Deborah's Keurig when we were in Dallas last month, and decided I wanted to get one. Yes, it's not the most economical way to make a cup of coffee, but it's cool and it's quick and it's got lots of choices. Of course, being a plain-Jane kind of coffee drinker, with no tendency to experiment, you can clearly understand that this was something we thought family and friends might enjoy when they visited. There are literally hundreds of kinds and favors of coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and fancy Starbucks-type drinks, but I also like the fact that it has an attachment that you can use (purchased separately of course) that allows you to use your own coffee if you want, and not one of the little pre-made packets that are made for it. You can set this one for five different sizes of cups, and I've already got ours programmed to come on early, about 5:30 AM, and turn off again about 9 AM. When it's on and ready, you have steaming, freely brewed coffee in less than one minute. Okay, it's fun to play with. I'm anxious to try the hot chocolate. It will be nice to have the week of Thanksgiving when all our family are here, and I'm not the only coffee drinker in the house. I'm not going to be using all those wild and fancy kinds of coffee, so somebody has to try'em.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Fun! I know your kids will enjoy that when they are there. We might have to visit just to try it out! :)

Deborah said...

OOOOHHH!! I'm so excited to rid your coffee carousel of the flavored coffee! Congrats on the new addition to your family.

**A little tip about the hot chocolate--shake the K-cup before you put in in the brewstation to loosen up all the mixture. I really think you'll like it!

Tiffany Rose said...

We got one of those for our wedding and during the wedding weekend when everyone was here, it was a huge hit! However, we did get that extra little device that lets your use your own coffee and it doesn't work in ours. :( I hope you have better luck with yours.

**another Keurig piece of advice: we only buy the coffee cups when we get a $10 Kohl's cash card or a 20% Bed Bath and Beyond card! I helps saving money. We'll only pay 4 cents when we get them at Kohls. :)

Elizabeth said...

Yay for the fact that it makes more than just coffee!!! :)