Thursday, May 27, 2010

Life's A Picnic

I know family and friends have been losing sleep wondering how our new porch is doing. Well, be at peace. You can see the few things we've done to make it a great place to sit and enjoy our quiet "outback" and get ready for all our family to visit this week. What you can't see, at least well, is the nice sealant that I put over all of it this past Monday. It turned the wood a little darker, but it looks nice. It's especially nice to see water beaded up on it this morning after last nights shower.
Just a little closer look at my latest project. We bought the picnic table at Lowes and I put it together Tuesday afternoon. Of course, it wasn't as easy as I thought it would be, but it still wasn't too difficult. I had to re-drill some holes that were "pre-drilled" but didn't line up. It's a really solid table that I know everyone will enjoy using - especially all the grand kids. Notice the cute indoor/outdoor rug we got to put under it. Gives it a little more color and matches the flowers. I expect to have my own show in HGTV soon. "If you build it they will come" - grand kids that is. Isn't that in scripture somewhere? I guess, in principle, it's part of the Noah story.

1 comment:

Glenave Curtis said...

I really enjoyed this blog Mike; and I think you would do very well on HDTV.